2010 Alfred Fagon Special Commendation Award winner, poet, artist, film maker and creative producer, Ros Martin is founder member of Bristol Black Women’s Writers group 2002-2005 and Our Stories Make Waves African diaspora artists in creativity.
London born, Ros is second generation British of Nigerian and St. Lucian parents. Ros has lived and worked in Bristol since 1995.
She soles trades Our History, Our Heritage, developing bespoke educational workshops and packages for schools linking African Caribbean history, heritage and citizenship at key stages 2,3,4. www.ourhistoryourheritage.org.uk
- 2013 A WING, A PREY, A SONG
- 2013 RETURN OF THE VANISHING PEASANT Menagerie Theatre Commission with Professor Denise Ferreira Da Silva, Cambridge Junction, Colchester Mercury, London Soho www.sohotheatre.com
- 2011 FREEDOM VALLEY LOVE, Alfred Fagon Award shortlist
- 2010 MOONHEAVEN, National theatre studio workshop reading
- 2007 ‘I WITNESS’ theatrical production A collaboration with Our Stories Make Waves. Venues: British Empire and Commonwealth Museum, Cotham School of Performing Arts and KUUMBA. Based on the life of Caribbean historian, writer, international lecturer, lawyer union activist and only surviving member of the Peoples National Party of Jamaica, Dr Richard Hart. Ros was the lead artist and scriptwriter on the Project. Artists include: poet, Shiloh Harmitt lyricist singer and actor Philippa Smith, musicians Tony Briscoe and Alphonse Daudet Touna, artistic director was Ruth Pitter. www.ourstoriesmakewaves.co.uk/PressRelease.htm
- 2001 ‘THE HOMECOMING’ Rehearsed readings Bristol Old Vic basement 2001
- Commissioned film shorts i.e poetry music films; with musicians Alphonse Daudet Touna and Fideles Mherembi and children from St Barnabas School, Bristol.
- BUYING INTO BANANA’s LIBERTY 2007 and UNSUNG NO MORE, OUR HEROES AND SHEROES BREATHE INTO YOU A FREER BEING 2005 http://ourhistoryourheritage.org.uk/ scroll up resources.
- Bristol Poetry Festival Arnolfini, CD launch 2009, 2010
- ARISE! with musician Alphonse Daudet Touna 2009 ISBN 5029964337767
- COAL, OIL, LAND, ME AND TREES spoken word with musician Fidelis Mherembi 2010
- 100 Days of Climate Change Arnolfini 2009 African Writers Abroad and Platform ‘Remember Saro Wiwa’ with kora player Moussa Kouyate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnvO6_VwuUM
- Hamburg Vending Machine project 2012 http://issuu.com/art-e-motion/docs/hamburg_vending_machine_artist_catalogue?mode=window&pageNumber=1 Can anyone remember before we had tea? Unraveling a nightmare, when the rains don’t come.